The World is My Community:
- A unique professional development experience especially for educators who want to learntechnology integration techniques for their classroom.
- Gain strategies, resources, and confidence to teach outdoors with hands-on activities that are fun and meaningful for students.
- Take home two activity guides including hundreds of hands-on activities.
- Discover innovative ways to integrate natural resource, conservation, and environmental education into your curriculum & programs with ease.
- Explore tools to help engage your students and merge their understanding with their environment and technology.
- Learn how your district can become a healthier place to work and learn, access grant funds, connect with your community, and receive statewide & national Green Schools recognition.
What: Educator Workshop on Technology Integration specifically for environmental education but can be used for any subject.
When: Thursday & Friday, Nov. 1 & 2, 2012. 9am to 5 pm both days
Where: Kansas City, KS Public Library - 625 Minnesota Ave. Kansas City, 66101
Who: This workshop is open to all K-12 Educators
Cost: FREE (includes 2 activity guides, lunch, drinks, snacks & 2 days of professional development
Pre-registration is required by October 29. See Flyer/Registration form below.
This workshop is sponsored by Friends of the Kaw with funding from an EPA Education Grant, KACEE, and the Upper Wakarusa Watershed Restoration and Protection Strategy project.