KS Dept. of Health and Environment will hold a public meeting on Tuesday, April 12 from 7 - 10pm at Johnson County Community College, Carlson Center, Seminar Room,12345 College Blvd. (College & Quivira), Overland Park, KS 66210. The key issues to be discussed will be:
- Antidegradation – Improve and clarify implementation procedures, such as more detailed guidance on alternatives review.
- Bacteria Criteria – Address the issue that Kansas lacks season-long average criteria for bacteria in stream.
- Chlorophyll-a Criterion for Drinking Water Reservoirs
– Establish site-specific Chlorophyll-a criterion to prevent or
mitigate problems caused by excessive algal growth in public drinking
water supply lakes or reservoirs.
- Dissolved Oxygen (DO) Criterion – Address naturally occurring low DO conditions in streams and lakes.
- Frequency and Duration – Improve the
implementation of numeric criteria by acknowledging consideration of
frequency and duration for numeric criteria in KSWQS.
- Temperature Criterion – Consider to adopt
EPA’s recommendation that changes of temperature in lakes by artificial
sources should be limited to two degrees Celsius.
For more information go to: http://www.kdheks.gov/news/web_archives/2011/03102011.htm